Barnes & Noble Associate Product Manager, BN.com in New York, New York
Associate Product Manager, BN.com
NY-New York (Midtown)
The Associate Product Manager will support the planning and development of new BN.com products and features across both desktop and mobile web. He/she will partner with the BN.com Product Manager, top-notch technology and design teams, as well as 3rd party vendors to create an online experience that establishes Barnes & Noble as the go-to destination for book discovery and purchasing.
• Facilitate the prioritization of new products and features for the product roadmap based on strategy set by senior management.
• Collaborate closely with Designers to establish best-in-class user experiences.
• Ensure products are delivered on schedule and with high-quality results by working with cross-functional teams that include Merchandising, Marketing, Technology, Customer Service, Testing & Optimization, and Project Management.
• Collect and analyze feedback from customers and internal stakeholders to shape requirements for new features and experience enhancements.
• Partner with the Analytics team to understand user behavior in order to inform and validate product decisions.
• Work with the QA team to identify, monitor, and prioritize defects to be resolved.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Computer Science, Business, or Marketing preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in Product Management, preferably e-commerce.
• Passion and understanding of exemplary user experience in e-commerce.
• Ability to manage many projects at once, working independently and in teams.
• Experience interpreting usage metrics and deducing key takeaways and action items.
• Experience supporting successful web development projects: writing requirements and communicating specifications, collaborating with cross-functional teams, managing timely implementation.
• Dedication to thinking strategically, problem solving, and developing creative solutions
• Works well and stays focused under little supervision.
• Excellent communication, presentation, coordination and project management skills.
• Avid reader who’s passionate about changing the way people discover and shop for books.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.