Barclays AVP IHC Model Validation in New York, New York
Job Title: AVP IHC Model Validation Location: 745 Seventh Ave, New York, New York
About Us// Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Barclays Risk
Barclays Risk teams operate in line with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (EMRF) to protect Barclays and prevent detriment to its customers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
As risk professionals, we have advanced technical skills across a broad range of disciplines. We take the lead in addressing issues including the potential implications of an economic downturn, and in advising Barclays’ business leaders to facilitate informed, controlled and measured decision-making.
Overall purpose of role
- The person filling the role would be expected to work on models across the department’s remit, including CCAR finance regulatory models, as well as Treasury funding/liquidity models, RWA/capital models, stress-testing among other model types. The role may become more specialised over time but team members must be able to adapt to shifting workloads across areas
· Engage with model owner and developers to ensure validation expectations around the supply of supporting materials required for validation are clear;
· Perform technical analyses, data analyses, benchmarking, build challenger models (if needed) to support the validation review and challenge process for all new and existing models, to ensure accuracy of existing metrics to the standards required by the IHC IVU process and to drive continuous improvements in methodologies;
· Produce high quality IHC IVU reports and presentations for relevant model governance committees, with a particular focus on noting limitations, weaknesses and assumptions
· Support IVU management in their participation in different models committees, particularly the IHC Model Risk Committee and in conjunction with regulatory meetings
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3 years experience in a quantitative role within risk management (credit/market/ operational), finance and/or project management in a financial institution
· Highly numerate, as demonstrated by Honours degree, Masters or PhD (or similar) in a numerate subject such as Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Operational Research, or Financial Engineering, or a track record of performance that demonstrates this ability.
· Significant experience with Excel and other data management and computational tools
· Able to produce high quality written communication including reviews of models, risk policies, and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences
· Ability to manipulate large datasets
· Experience in data quality and system testing
· Familiarity with CCAR requirements, including governance and documentation standards.
· Beyond risk management, knowledge in financial projection, capital management and treasury are highly desirable.
· Team Player
· Ability to work within a large matrixed organization with competing requirements
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
Risk and Control Objective All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Your Application To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: AVP IHC Model Validation
Location: NY-New York
Requisition ID: *90198162