Teachers College, Columbia University CCRC Research Assistant in New York, New York
CCRC Research Assistant
Apply nowJob no:506401
Position type:College Work Study
The Community College Research Center (CCRC) at Teachers College, Columbia University has up to 20 hours/week of project work available in academic year 2021 for a qualified work study eligible student. The CCRC Research Assistant provides general support to the CCRC administrative team as needed. Tasks include supporting research logistics, retrieving and reviewing research literature, and contributing to written products. Requirements include proficiency using Excel and strong communications skills. Candidates should be resourceful, detail-oriented, dependable, and have a well-articulated interest in higher education and issues of access to and success in postsecondary education. Please apply through the TC application system and include a resume and cover letter including information such as: why you want to work at CCRC, available hours to work, how many hours per week you can work, and your earliest start date. See CCRC Current Projects.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
• Search and manage/organize research literature citations
• Use data entry and management programs such as Excel and Dedoose to enter and organize research data
• Assist research teams as needed with notetaking, general background research as well as organization and filing of research materials
• Coordinate research activities, such as reaching out to potential research participants to schedule phone interviews
• Perform Center-related tasks such as filing, copying, scanning, scheduling, document dissemination, and shipping
• Participate in Center events as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of community colleges, higher education, and issues of access to and success in postsecondary education
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Track record of delivering high-quality work product under deadline
• Good judgment, reliability, ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Awarded federal work-study for the 2020-2021 academic year.
• A student must matriculate in a TC degree program and must be enrolled in at least 6 credits (or equivalent, which includes full-time equivalent offerings - HBSK 6480, CCPJ 6480, CCPX 6480, or any 8900 course) for the Fall 2020 semester.
• Full-time TC employees are not eligible for this position.
• Must abide by the Student Confidentiality Agreement and the Student Privacy Requirements.
Advertised:31 Jul 2020Eastern Daylight Time