Ross Stores, Inc. Corporate Planning Analyst in New York, New York
CORPORATE PLANNING ANALYST
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and NASDAQ 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2017 revenues of $14.1 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,409 locations in 37 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates 213 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 16 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
Responsibilities may include planning, forecasting and hind sighting of sales, markdowns, store EOM and hotel EOM, AUR and IMU. Development of 5 year plan, seasonal, monthly and daily plans at chain, region or subdivision levels. Communicate and consult across the Merchant, Planning, Finance, Allocation, DC, Store Ops, Marketing and Real Estate organizations. Responsible for scheduled and ad hoc reporting along with observations and action plans.
- Use all available resources, data, history, peers and system to develop well thought out plans.
- Independently and collaboratively assess hindsight performance to plan, identify risk, opportunities and make recommendations for action plans. Drive implementation of action plan.
- Support business by running ad-hoc reports while offering suggestions to achieve the company’s goals.
- Effectively communicate business issues/results. Ensure written and verbal communications are clear, concise and consistent.
- Insure all work reflects technically accurate results with minimal errors or mistakes and attention to detail. Demonstrate an understanding and the importance of insuring quality of work.
- Recap and communicate cross functional issues and escalate as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires 3 years’ experience involving financial OR retail planning background
- Advanced spreadsheet applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated decision making ability
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to partner and influence cross-functional partners
- Strategic Thinker
- Analytical/Analysis and Judgment
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
- Business Acumen
- Drive For Results/Curious/Takes Initiative