Robert Half International Cyber Security Analyst in New York, New York
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to [email protected]
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. No C2C.
- Documenting differentiated log content quality standards (bronze, silver, gold, platinum content sets)
- Influencing application and infrastructure teams to produce high quality logs for Security Monitoring purposes, and to deliver a copy of those logs to the Security Monitoring Program.
- Providing internal customer-facing service to answer questions from application and infrastructure teams, and connect them with Splunk engineering resources for onboarding.
- Ensuring the data quality of logs received by the Security Monitoring program by performing a prescriptive and rigorous log quality analysis.
- Tracking, dashboarding, and reporting on log production, collection/delivery coverage, and quality.
- Document field-level log content in ?Data Dictionaries? per log source for use by SIEM Engineers and SOC Analysts as an Information-Model enabler.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for log onboarding and data quality review processes.
- Leveraging existing technologies within the organization to expand the scope of coverage of the log onboarding review team.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Ensures security logs are generated, collected, correlated, and monitored.
Runs log quality review processes, including:
querying Splunk SIEM to identify garbage data, badly parsed logs, or possible misconfigurations in log reporting.
Reviewing available logs to confirm there are adequate quantities and content to usefully provide Security Monitoring.
- Development of Data Dictionaries for log sources to confirm which fields and values are needed or useful for Security Monitoring.
- Review current tooling to identify incremental monitoring opportunities, and communicate needs to engineering teams that support SOC
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888.674.2094 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $60.00 to $65.00 per hour
Location: New York, NY
Date Posted: December 7, 2018
Employment Type: Consulting
Job Reference: 04860-9501654682
Staffing Area: Technology & IT