Macy's Data Forecasting Manager in New York, New York
* Job Overview: *
The Manager, Data Forecasting will support fashion and trend forecasting via data analytics in alignment and in support of the global Macy’s direction. This individual will be able pull data from various platforms (social media, internet searches, etc); combined with metadata and social signals and utilize the information to supplement and recommend forecasts. A fundamental requirement is to be able to build trust with their teams and key collaborators. Another key requirement is to demonstrate curiosity in a much broader and more complex business environment with an ability to solve complex problems transcending our traditional competitive landscape in order to re-engage our customer and offer simple solutions. Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Manager, Data Forecasting will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented employee who can lead through influence and who possesses professional maturity and industry credibility. This candidate will support the Fashion Forecasting Director and should possess the ability to predict, analyze and monetize future retail trends for the Macy’s consumer. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective navigating through significant complexity. Candidates must be comfortable with quickly evaluating and sun-setting legacy approaches that no longer align to the strategy. The ideal candidate will be known for both vision and an equally strong orientation for speed.
The successful candidate will: • Make “company first” decisions • Exhibit curiosity and an innovative way of thinking • Have a passion for generating insights from data • Reduce complexity, act decisively, model agility in leadership style • Have strong knowledge of statistical methods • Communicate with candor and value open debate to ensure the best ideas come to life.
Essential Functions: *
• Strong project management skills; blogging experience preferred • Understanding of retail metrics; ability to solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches. • Support Fashion Forecasting Director in developing global Macy’s seasonal forecast by utilizing data analytics. • Work on large data sets to discover data insights and collaborate with partners to deliver business value through these insights. • Forecast trends using research vehicles, personal insights, and data analytics. Compile research to provide seasonal color palette and silhouette directives for domestic and private brands. • Ability to identify upcoming trends and quickly react to potential assortment misses. • Work closely with the Fashion Office counterparts on Forecasts, Runway analysis, Trend Alerts, Must Haves etc, ensuring a balance between newness/incoming trends and actionable ideas.
• Utilize data analytics to influence and inform seasonal trend direction and reaction to incoming trend at Private Brands and with key market brands using both macro and micro influences . • Regularly attend and represent Macys at fashion shows, trade shows, art, cultural and industry related events, ensuring Macy’s Fashion Office is staying on top of all trend relevant influences and clearly communicating findings back to relevant teams.
• Operate with on-going curiosity about emerging trends in the market through research, travel, observation, print, social media, trade shows, street and runway. • Maintain an industry presence that allows for connections, new business opportunities and ideas at Macy’s. Represent and support the Macy’s brand while maintaining this presence.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Qualifications: *
- Education/Experience: *
- * • Ideally, 3-6 years of experience in Fashion Merchandising and/or Statistics
- Other Skills: *
• Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance
• Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient.
• Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner. Tailors message for the audience and is able to gain support and commitment from others.
• Comfortable with taking risks and celebrating risk taking regardless of outcome
• Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
• Resilient, tenacious, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity. • Embraces change with realistic optimism and persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Req ID: MER02153