RBC Debt Capital Markets, US FICC Analyst in New York, New York
What is the opportunity?
In this position, the Analyst candidate will be responsible for assisting across the origination, syndication, and execution of high grade debt transactions. He/she will also work closely with other product groups within fixed income (i.e. derivatives, sales & trading, liability management), and investment banking to aid senior coverage officers as they determine appropriate hedging, capitalization, and liquidity strategies for financial institution clients.
What will you do?
- The Analyst should possess strong presentation and excel skills to aid senior coverage officers in their client interactions, specifically for insurance, Yankee bank, and BDC borrowers
- There are certain instances where the Analyst will have direct client interaction, and should be comfortable with speaking to external constituents, typically under the direction of a VP/D/MD colleague
- Possess a general understanding as it pertains to the Financial Institutions sector, including regulatory, tax, and accounting nuances/reforms and financial capital requirements
- Demonstrate ability, with senior coverage officer oversight, to create unique content including slides detailing key market themes, structural innovations, and trade specific ideas
- Work closely with junior representatives in the Investment and Corporate banking, Institutional Client Management, and Corporate Risk Solutions teams on client pitches and deal execution
- Liaise with the syndicate desk to provide updated indicative new issue levels on a periodic (weekly, bi-weekly) basis
- Complete all relevant processes related to deal execution, including obtaining required internal approvals
- Assist in the recruitment of junior talent within the group
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree (business, finance or related field preferred)
- Series 7, 63 and 79 certified
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel
- Previous Debt Capital Markets or financial industry coverage experience preferred
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Address: 200 Vesey Street
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Trading Floor
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: CM - Analyst
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 08/11/2018
Req ID: 166435
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.