American Express Director - Finance Strategic Enablement & Governance (SEG) in New York, New York
The Director, Strategy & Process Improvement (S&PI) is responsible for the identification, planning and delivery of strategic initiatives that enable the Controllership & Tax organization within Finance to achieve their objectives. The S&PI team is part of the broader Strategic Enablement & Governance (SEG) Team empowering teams to achieve Organizational Excellence through industry leading Governance, Controls and Innovation. The candidate will also lead a team, focused on the delivery and execution of these key Controllership initiatives. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for providing senior Relationship Management support to various parts of the Controllership & Tax organization.
Principal Accountabilities: * Identify and lead key strategic imperatives for various parts of the Controllership & Tax organization * Lead delivery of large-scale initiatives that drive process / technology transformation, improve control and compliance and optimize the use of technology * Leads Process Mapping, Analysis and Optimization through leveraging industry best-in-class practices * Establish end-to-end processes, controls, dashboards / metrics and requirements for sponsored projects * Lead Program/ Project Management for multiple complex, cross-functional (FinTech) initiatives * Participate in industry forums and introduce best practices in Controllership & Tax Organization * Relationship Management support to various parts of the Controllership & Tax organization
- Proven strategic thought leadership skills with ability to translate ideas into well-defined executable strategy & solutions
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in driving Project Management, Process Transformation and Reengineering, with proven ability to lead multiple large-scale initiatives, simultaneously
- Understanding of Process Mapping, Analysis and other relevant Six Sigma methodology
- Proven ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and business partners
- Solution oriented, with proven ability to drive to results
- Good understanding of Technology and ability to work with Technology partners to drive to solutions
- Comfort and proven ability to work in ambiguity along-with the ability to put structure to ambiguity
- Proven ability to execute on tight deadlines and be an agent of organizational change; strong change management and transformation experience
- Strong team player with ability to influence opinions and a track record of leading, motivating, inspiring and developing others.
- People leader with record of increasing levels of responsibility and proven ability to lead teams, inspire, motivate and develop others
- Excellent communication skills; able to convey strategic insight and thought leadership in identifying emerging issues and delivering high quality and actionable feedback to leadership
- Strong relationship building experience; ability to develop relationships with VP-level leaders, control function peers and leadership teams
- Bachelor’s and advanced degree required
- Big 4 or Tier 1 management consulting experience preferred, although not required Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Title: Director - Finance Strategic Enablement & Governance (SEG)
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 18007114