Breaking Ground Director of Leasing in New York, New York
Director of Leasing
1359 Broadway, New York, NY 10018, USA
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
ABOUT US: - We believe that everyone deserves a home!Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
TheDirector of Leasingis responsible for managing the selection of applicants for affordable housing in the Breaking Ground portfolio and re-rental of affordable housing managed by for profit developers. This position will supervise a team of staff who work directly with applicants and pair them with available units. They will conduct all job related duties in compliance with LIHTC guidelines, other housing contracts and equal housing opportunity laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee a team responsible for managing the day-to-day leasing operations across a growing portfolio of over 3,600 units of supportive and affordable housing properties owned or managed by Breaking Ground as well as for third-party developers · Work in close partnership with the Director of 3rdParty Leasing and Compliance to ensure occupancy standards and compliance with regulatory agreements · Coordinate with governing agencies and site staff to coordinate leasing related issues/tasks · Manage reporting/data collection for properties in portfolio - occupancy statistics, outcomes, demographics, etc. · Oversee selection of applicants · Communicate with regulatory agencies and housing applicants · Performs other related duties as assigned
· Familiarity with Tax Credit Compliance in a Real Estate Finance Environment, four (4) years of comparable work experience in supportive housing, property management, social services or a closely related field. Minimum of four (4) years of management experience.
· Experience and commitment to working with low income populations. Working knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Section 8, DHCR Rent Stabilization Law, Rent Guidelines Board and Fair Housing.
· Detail oriented and organized. Flexibility, creativity and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Superior writing and analytical skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management.
· Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office - including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
Breaking Ground's leasing staff operates under aggressive benchmarks/goals. Requires visiting buildings and leasing offices throughout NYC. In addition, variations in turn over of units creates an environment that is fast-paced and challenging. Staff are called upon to make decisions based on facts not emotions which can be difficult given the needs of the applicant pool.
- 1359 Broadway, New York, NY 10018, USA