Penguin Random House LLC Director, Social Media, Penguin Random House in New York, New York
Director, Social Media, Penguin Random House Penguin Random House is home to best-in-class storytellers. Now, we’re seeking a Director of Social Media to help tell our story. Working within our Creative Strategy group, the Director of Social Media will collaborate with brand and title-specific marketing teams to create innovative social content that drives channel growth, community engagement, and e-commerce revenue. We’re looking for someone who can be a champion for our books, authors, and brand, and can see the bigger picture in terms of how books fit into the wider entertainment landscape and shape society and culture at large. This person should be well versed in marketing across the cultural landscape, and an interest in and aptitude for engaging a diverse range of consumers. They should also be an enthusiastic team player – social touches nearly every part of the company, and in addition to liaising with divisional marketing teams, the Director of Social Media will be responsible for recommending and rolling out social guidelines and best-practices for the entire company. The Role:
• Partner with the Director of Brand Strategy to develop social tactics that distinguish our brand and encourage audiences to tune into Penguin Random House as a channel in and of itself
• Respond to our readers’ changing habits and needs, and pivot our social media strategy to meet our followers where they are
• Develop multi-channel strategies that drive sales and engagement across all social platforms
• Direct a team of social managers, set team vision across Penguin Random House channels, and manage workflow processes
• Develop social best-practices and guidelines for all Penguin Random House brand and divisional accounts
• Lead influencer and affiliate ambassador marketing platforms that drive reach, awareness, and revenue
• Manage content calendar, social media deliverables, and day-to-day activities across all Penguin Random House social platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
• Use deep knowledge of real-time data analytics and insights to measure performance in real-time and develop ongoing social strategy
• A strong history in social media platform management and creating strategic and community inclusive social media content; and
• A strong background in either copywriting, community management, or audience development is a plus
• Ability to strategize and drive results through social media content
• Early adopter of new social media platforms
• Fluency in social media measurement tools and a knack for onboarding new tools with a details-oriented team, specifically advising in alternatives to Social Bakers, Adobe Analytics and Brand Watch
• Track record of marketing across cultural landscape
• Working knowledge of social media advertising
• A goal-oriented team player who can cultivate productive working relationships
• Proficiency in creative problem-solving, decision making, and time management
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Familiarity with the Penguin Random House brand and interest in book discovery is a plus, but not a requirement
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. With your application please attach your cover letter and resume.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10025 Job ID: 109342 109342Penguin Random House LLC
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs