Fedcap Finance Intern in New York, New York
Purpose of the Position:
The responsibilities of this role include detailed analysis at the Fedcap's company and line of business levels, preparation of P&L reports, assist in the review of financial results, assistance with the annual budget and quarterly outlook processes. The Analyst will support a combination of reporting and analysis functions, and assist in the development of key indicators/ratios to better analyze financial results. In addition, the Analyst will look to identify, communicate and implement process improvement opportunities to enhance reports and provide efficiencies in the management reporting process.
To be successful in this position, the employee should possess an ability to analyze different types of information and be able to communicate the Director of Finance. They should have a detailed oriented mindset to ensure accuracy of data contained in management reports, as well as develop a good understanding of key drivers to provide pertinent financial analysis to management. The Analyst will display technical and functional competence in management reporting to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all management reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of senior level presentations in PowerPoint
- Be fluent in Microsoft applications (specifically Excel)
- Prepare reports such as P&L reports by product, Monthly Flash reports.
- Prepare actual vs plan/reforecast and prior year variance analysis.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of the quarterly Fedcap earnings deck.
- Improve reporting proficiency and seek ways to reduce cycle time
- Ad-hoc reporting and analyses
- Strong knowledge in use of MS Excel and PowerPoint including Macros and Pivot tables
- Working knowledge of Oracle would be helpful
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Analyze data for reporting analysis/development as well as trend identification, event impact analysis, and process measurement and improvement
- Ability to create professional reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to deliver timely results
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Ability to evaluate processes to develop recommendations to enhance
- Ability to work effectively with associates within other Fedcap departments
- Willingness to learn on the job and grow.
- Actively enrolled in a University or College
- Strong knowledge of financial analytics, budgeting and reporting.
- Background in finance/accounting
- Ability to work independently
An equivalent combination of related education and experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled