Roche Holdings Inc. Global Head Resource Management & Analytics in New York, New York
Leadership role in Business Operations Management in pRED Clinical Operations with strategic oversight and accountability for the delivery of all aspects of resource planning, capacity management & analytics (metrics) within pRED Clinical Operations.
- Propose, deliver & implement resource strategies, processes, analyses and tracking for the provision of resource management information to provide headcount, budget planning and forecasting information for decision making in pRED Clinical Operations in line with the pRED Portfolio, Roche systems, Processes and Operating Procedures
- Drive active resource planning, capacity management & analytics to enable timely delivery of the pRED portfolio across pRED Clinical Operations, including escalating issues and submitting potential solutions to resolve issues relating to resource availability to the appropriate level
- Provide oversight and relevant Resource Management leadership for pRED Clinical Operations, when contributing to the development to Roche planning systems to enable early forecasting, decision making and to leverage best practices internally & externally to pRED Clinical Operations,
The Head of Resource Management & Analytics will have direct line reports and may hold functional budget responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide the strategy and oversight for Resource Management & Analytics in pRED Clinical Operations
- Accountable for technical management of resource requirements for pRED Clinical Operations functions and ensure planning is in place for clear high quality oversight of pRED Clinical Operations portfolio & functional activities
- Accountable for the maintenance of current functional planning templates and algorithms in association with other Roche Clinical Operations functions
- Provide oversight for the management of the pRED Clinical Operations resource pool for current and future FTE allocations for all pRED Clinical Operations (including management reports and analyses), using the Roche headcount (PharmaRes) and resource management (PlanSource) tools
- Oversight for delivery of business analyses for pRED Clinical Operations budget and resourcing decisions making
- Provide an overview to pRED Clinical Operations Leadership for planned resources and timelines in the preparation of annual budgets / quarterly updates, and headcount requests within global and local corporate timelines and in accordance with the Monthly Maintenance Process calendar.
- Drive planning system compliance through the network of pRED Resource Analysts across pRED Clinical Operations
- Elaborate best use of the planning system to support the pRED Clinical Operations business in an effective way.
Strategic Portfolio Support
- Development and maintenance of Clinical Operartions Key Performance Indicators & metrics according to stakeholder requirements.
- Lead demand vs. supply analysis and develop business options and projections for different functional sourcing models to ensure the timely delivery of the portfolio
- Evaluate external resource needs and algorithms to support the pRED portfolio and service level negotiations, and reviews
- Develop and report different capacity models to support the strategic agenda of pRED Clinical Operations
- Support pRED Clinical Operations with resource and capacity data and risk assessments to support proposed organizational improvement solutions and organizational structural change management
- Ensure pRED portfolio governance decisions are captured in the Roche resource planning systems in close collaboration with Global Project Manager, S/CPLs and the Resource Business Specialists, where appropriate
Line Management & Budgets:
- Line Management - ensure staff are trained, developed and coached in order to maximize their capability and contribution to provide high quality deliverables
- Provide direction to Resource Business Specialists & Performance Metrics Managers in applying knowledge to deliver resource projects to meet objectives
- Bachelor's degree or Master degree with significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including relevant resource planning and metrics analytics management experience in research and development
- Proven experience in business, accounting or project management
- Understanding of the drug development process
- Insights in Portfolio management
- Knowledge of different strategic options for sourcing models
- Knowledge of performance and planning tools desired
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Clinical Development
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.