Arup Graduate Sustainability Consultant (Available June 2021) in New York, New York
Graduate Sustainability Consultant (Available June 2021)
4 days agoPost Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Develop sustainability frameworks and design strategies for multiple scales of projects, while also completing environmental and social impact assessments
• Advising clients on green building technology and ratings systems (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Passive House, Living Building Challenge, SITES)
• Tracking rating system and building strategy processes, writing and editing reports, and presenting LEED or sustainability frameworks to clients, design teams, and contractor
• Sketching and digital illustrations of building concepts will be expected in order to visualize design strategies for client presentations and other external needs
• Analysis of building design strategies using 3D modeling and analysis software like Rhino, Grasshopper, and other plug-ins.
• Demonstrate research experience, as this job will likely demand both directed and individual research into architectural materials and technology, building services systems, green building and urban policy, and social and human comfort issues
• Bachelor's degree is Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, Urban Design, Architecture or a closely related field
• Proficient in use of design software, such as Rhino, Grasshopper, Ladybug, Honeybee, DIVA, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
• Knowledge of LEED and other rating systems
• Relevant internship experience
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• LEED Accredited Professional
• Master’s degree or higher in Mechanical, Architectural, Electrical, Building Science, Policy or other field in the built environment
• Proficient in use of software like Excel, Publisher or other desktop publishing platform, interactive Adobe PDFs
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
• Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
• Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
• Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
• WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
• Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
• Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
• Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
• LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
• Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
• Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
New York, United States
Post Date:4 days ago
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs