Goldman Sachs & Company GSAM, Americas Client Business Pensions Team (Analyst) in New York, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We re a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a highly motivated team player for an analyst role within the Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Americas Client Business which is part of our Investment Management Division (IMD). In this role, you will support the day-to-day needs of an Institutional sales team to win new business and retain existing assets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* Work closely with senior team members to execute new business development efforts by coordinating prospect pitches, presentations and identifying new business opportunities
* Build and manage an industry knowledge base by researching new business opportunities and staying current on industry publications and newspapers, client web sites, conference materials, consultant and other databases, etc.
* Respond to informational requests from various sources including clients, prospects and consultants. These requests include: requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs), consultant requests and client inquiries and updates
* Work closely with senior team members to manage, enhance and develop existing client relationships
* Work with senior team members to develop and execute a strategic plan for each client, which outlines cross selling opportunities, a service plan and specific deliverables
* Work with senior team members to ensure all recurring and bespoke client requests are met on a timely basis
* Assist with the coordination of all client account maintenance items (e.g., account updates, guideline changes, client organizational changes, etc.)
* Work with Portfolio / Product Manager(s) to prepare and review materials for portfolio review meetings
* Identify and escalate any sensitive client issues to senior team members; coordinate a timely response to the client
* Coordinate with key stakeholders across the Division, including Portfolio Managers, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Technology and Product Managers with a common goal of ensuring clients needs are met
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE RE LOOKING FOR
* 1 -3 years of work experience at an asset management firm or other financial services organization
* Basic knowledge of, and passion for, the asset management business and capital markets
* Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow-through
* Positive attitude and strong work ethic
* Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialogue and interactions and collaborate well with others internally to meet client needs
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment, including with colleagues based in different regional offices
* Strong proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
* Series 7, 63 and 3 licensed or obtained within 3 months of joining
* Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Employer's Job# 2018-47286
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.