Guardian HR Analytics Analyst III in New York, New York
Are you a self-starter with strong attention to detail and an enthusiastic team spirit? Do you want to help us solve problems and grow through data insights? As HR Analytics Analyst III, you will work closely with the HR organization to understand the needs of the business and to create opportunities that maximize the value of analytics & reporting. Through analyzing and translating data and reports, you will actively support our enterprise-wide focus in data driven decision making and planning capabilities.
You have a strong business analytics background and a keen interest in and understanding of Human Resources trends, practices, and policies.
- Report to the VP, HR Analytics and Optimization who, in turn, reports to the Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Work closely with the HR organization to understand the needs of the business and to create new opportunities to maximize the value of analytics & reporting.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
- Automate, standardize, schedule, and publish key reports and dashboards which anticipate, and answer business questions related to human capital attraction, development, and attrition, as well as the employee experience.
- Research for trends, patterns, and correlations in data; work with business partners to uncover causation.
- Translate data analysis and research findings into easy-to-understand, actionable recommendations in a way that influences decision making.
- Create and implement effective, scalable, and intuitive reporting solutions.
- Actively participate in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Information Systems, Business Management, or specialized training/certification. Or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of Human Resources Analysis or related technical experience.
- Excellent understanding of database concepts and data warehousing concept are required.
- Experience with BI and Data Visualization tools (Business Objects/Tableau...etc.).
- Proven ability to create reports from existing databases and non-relational data sources.
- Knowledge of technology system processes, reporting functions, and methodologies, data warehouses and the ability to query data.
- Expertise using Microsoft Excel and Tableau.
- Reporting experience preferred via Workday and Taleo.
- Survey tool experience, such as Culture Amp, Glint, or Qualtrics a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a cross functional matrix organization.
WFH with flexibility to work East Coast hours.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for more than 150 years. Every day, we serve approximately 27 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. As one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at guardianlife.com
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Copyright 2019 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity