Infor Infor Hook & Loop Data Engineer & Designer in New York, New York
TITLE: Data Engineer & Designer
LOCATION: New York, NY
Hook & Loop is looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our team and help our organization make more strategic data-driven decisions.
As a data engineer and designer at Hook & Loop, you will be the go-to quant person for the product design and development teams. The role is a member of our Insights team which is responsible for driving accountability, awareness and adoption. Your focus includes:
* providing actionable reporting on how our users are engaging with our products
* bringing data thinking to our projects by attaching metrics to our processes
* maintaining, improving, and scaling our internal processes and learnings around data thinking
* collecting and reporting
Your primary responsibility is to know our users. This includes:
* Measurement Strategy: Define problems and solutions and attach metrics (KPIs) or other views of data that reflect how those problems can be being solved.
* Specifications: Designing the specification for event tags (Segment.io,Mixpanel, Google analytics) fired from the front-end/backend, or queries that can enable those metrics or views of data to be calculated.
* Reporting: Design and build a dashboard that displays those metrics and continues to iterate through ad-hoc reporting and meetings with stakeholders.
You will also be involved in other related projects to help solve problems for the business:
* Consume and report on external data sets, primarily logs (i.e.Sumologic)
* Consult and build business intelligence dashboards that are part of our products shipped to customers (Birst or Infor Business Intelligence), and work with the team to build a corporate-wide design system for these dashboards.
* Assist in non-quant research
* Contribute to storytelling, UX and product strategy
We are looking for an engineer or data wizard first, a data analyst second, and designer as a value add
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering or computer science
* Ability to rapidly execute against building data models and dashboards. (GoogleData Studio, Birst, and other tooling).
* Data analyst with the innate curiosity uncover interesting/differentiating insights for a project.
* Ability to manage multiple project concurrently and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
* Experience with/understanding of the requirements for designing enterprise software/mobile applications
* Data visualization and storytelling (i.e. Nate Silver, Zach Lowe or Kirk Goldsberry).
* Ability to executing on mixed method projects combining quant and qual.
* The north star: Scale our data practice as an independent service to infor, backed by the power of design.
* Experience running regressions, or using Python to mung, transform and analyze data.
* 2-3+ years of related job experience
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com.
Applicants to and employees of most United States private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination. For additional information please see EEO is the Law poster, the EEO Supplemental as well as the Statement of Policy.
Employer's Job# 2226
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.