Bank of America Junior Research Analyst in New York, New York
The equity technical research position is an exciting opportunity to produce and market technical research to BofAML financial advisors, BofAML sales and trading, as well as to institutional accounts, such as hedge funds and long only asset managers.
The candidate will work alongside their Senior Analyst and Junior Analyst peers in all aspects, from idea generation to presenting technical research themes and views. This includes but not limited to the following:
· Perform technical analysis using charts and pattern recognition along with quantitative screens.
· Work with Senior Analyst to develop key technical analysis themes across macro, sector, and individual equities.
· Write regular market and equity technical analysis reports.
· Produce collaborative reports across asset classes and with fundamental analysts.
· Develop and maintain databases and indicators integral to our research product.
· Closely monitor and interpret market indicators and relay to Senior Analyst.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge and awareness of technical trends for global markets down to individual equities.
· Build relationships and facilitate information flow with contacts across the BofAML platform.
· Participate and contribute to client meetings and events.
· Attend meetings and interact with key opinion leaders.
· Seek out new, value-added, and/or unusual sources of information.
· Leverage our robust network of industry contacts.
· Interact regularly with clients.
The candidate MUST be able to thrive in a fast-paced and intense environment.
Bachelor’s Degree is required
Must have strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task.
2-3 years of experience in Technical Analysis
Experience utilizing Bloomberg and Factset
Strong writing and spreadsheet skills.
Must be an expert at MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Entrepreneurial, proactive, willing to take ownership of technical analysis content.
Ability to communicate effectively with teammates on collaborative projects as well as with internal and external clients.
Core technical skills for role include trend and relative strength analysis for equities (both US and globally) as well as constructing and/or analyzing indicators for market breadth, volu
Posting Date : 04/16/2018
New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.