Arup Lighting Consultant Intern - Available June 2021 (Various US Locations) in New York, New York
Lighting Consultant Intern - Available June 2021 (Various US Locations)
Sep 16, 2020Post Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Develop concepts and strategies for lighting projects, with senior team members
• Lighting calculations (Electrical and Daylighting)
• Produce lighting modeling including building computer and physical models (3-D and 2-D)
• Develop visual materials to represent lighting designs, including inside of Photoshop and Adobe Suite
• Report writing
• Working on projects using Revit
• Giving structure to ideas – lots of “taking a first pass” at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion
• Working with vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects and assist in facilitating meetings
• Attending meetings and learning from listening, participating with teams, architects and other disciplines
• Bachelor or Master's Degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Interior Design, Lighting, or Theatre design
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Core interest in the lighting design industry with an emphasis on the daylighting, theatre or architectural lighting design
• Understanding of lighting fundamentals including photometric quantities, calculation techniques, and light source types
• Ability to model in 3D via Rhino, AutoCAD, and/or SketchUp
• Knowledge of MS word, Excel, AGI 32, Revit and Adobe Suite
• Capability to explain spatial design in a conversational and visual context
• Coursework in Architectural or Lighting Systems Design and/or Building Systems Design
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• 3.5 GPA or higher
• Internship experience in a consulting firm with emphasis on lighting design
• Academic research with relevant focus
• Membership in IES and Student IALD
• Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Radiance, and technical writing
• Exposure to programming such as, but not limited to, PHP, Python, C+, C#
• Skilled in hand sketching
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• LAX expansión, Los Angeles •Marina Del Ray Hospital, Los Angeles
• Los Angeles Airport metro Connector
• Bay Meadows Parks, San Francisco
• Confidential Tech Company Campus
• Louisiana Children's Museum - Early Learning Village, Louisiana
• “Physis” of Bouyant at Redmond Downtown Park, Redmond
• PS1 Moma “Hide and Seek” NYC, New York
• Whitney Museum of American Art, New York
• Northeastern University Integrated Science and Engineering Complex, Boston
• Dilworth Park featuring Pulse, Philadelphia
• Seattle University Center for Science & Innovation, Redmond
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
New York, United States
Post Date:Sep 16, 2020
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs