Penguin Random House LLC National Account Manager, BAM - Crown Publishing and Knopf Doubleday Publishing Groups in New York, New York
Become a part of our amazing sales team and work with a key national account. We are seeking a National Account Manager to oversee all aspects of selling the Crown Publishing and Knopf Doubleday Publishing titles to Books-A-Million. This includes preparing, researching and presenting all relevant titles, all backlist titles, and special promotions to the account as well as optimizing all frontlist and backlist opportunities through in-store and online promotions.
This position may be held within in our 1745 Broadway office or remotely in Birmingham, AL.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Planning all frontlist and backlist merchandising and promotions for title base for stores and online.
• Representing the Crown and Knopf Doubleday Publishing titles to the account in a professional, sales-oriented manner.
• Clearly demonstrating an understanding of the account and the lists sold.
• Attending regular meetings either in person or via teleconference which include but are not limited to imprint launch, marketing, title opportunity, strategy, and sales conference meetings.
• Visiting the account on a seasonal basis to sell new lists and backlist, to gather feedback on sell-through, account news, and other industry-related information.
• Minimum of 4 years of publishing sales experience; direct selling experience strongly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
• Takes a proactive approach and has proven strong follow up skills
• Highly organized with the ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 25% by car, train, or plane within the domestic U.S.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.