New York City Department of Education P311 Coordinator in New York, New York
Position Summary:The Office of Student Enrollment (OSE) manages admissions, enrollment, and transfers for students in 3K through grade 12 (not including charter schools). The team also oversees policies and processes for citywide Gifted and Talented programs and the Public School Choice transfer process. The Office of Student Enrollment supports the NYC DOE’s core priorities by designing and implementing admissions policies and processes that provide all students with access to high-quality public schools.
P311 is the centerpiece of an overall strategy to create a positive customer service experience for parents and school staff by ensuring that they receive consistent, accurate, and timely information when they contact the NYCDOE. P311 is a call center that manages inquiries efficiently and engages parents and school staff as active partners in the education of students. It is the gateway for central services and supplements the in-school services provided by parent coordinators, principals, guidance counselors, teachers, other school staff, and central offices.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Customer Service and Operations, the P311 Coordinator will assist and coordinate various functions across P311 and provide high-level coordination and support. The P311 Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting community engagement efforts by helping families gather and understand information about admissions and enrollment processes to successfully enroll in the nation’s largest school system. The P311 Coordinator will also coordinate and assist with the planning and implementation of family engaging fairs, workshops, and information sessions. Performs related work.
Reports to: Executive Director of Customer Service and Operations
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Relationships: Works closely with the Executive Director of Customer Service and Operations, Call Center Director, Associate Director of Content, Training and Quality Assurance, and Director of Field Operations; all members of the P311 team, including supervisors, team leaders, and customer information representatives (CIRs); and staff across other offices. In addition, works with other City agencies, including the Administration of Children’s Services (ACS), Human Resources Administration (HRA), and City University of New York (CUNY).
- Assists the Executive Director of Customer Service with community-related assignments, such as family-facing events, information sessions, and enrollment fairs. Engages with families during community events, particularly with families facing unique admission situations that require further escalation and/or research.
- Conducts outreach calls to families with children eligible for 3K, Pre-K, or Kindergarten admissions
- Liaises between families and Family Welcome Centers, Parent Welcome Centers, and community organizations.
- Coordinates outlook meeting scheduling, space reservations, office meetings, and set-up and breakdown for special family-facing events.
- Supports new P311 Call Center staff members with the onboarding process by assisting them with finding a seat, obtaining employee email setup, ID card, etc.
- Assists the Executive Director of Customer Service with developing cross-functional project plans, monitoring implementation of the work, and drafting office-wide communications.
- Manages various office shared documents including phone list, emergency contact list, supplies and equipment inventory.
- Ensures that office inventory is updated and in working order.
- Represents P311 and the Executive Director at various internal and external meetings, as needed.
- Assist Managers in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two (2) years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
- High school graduation or equivalent and six (6) years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least one (1) year of experience as described in “1” above.
- Capacity to work under pressure and effectively prioritize in a demanding environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of applications, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Familiarity with various DOE systems, including Cybershift, STARS, ATS, and SEMS, My Schools, and CRM Service Cloud.
- Experience in education and public policy.
- Experience managing relationships and communications with vendors and external partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Ability to develop and design projects and systems to support program goals.
- Experience conducting outreach to community-based organizations.
- Prior success working and communicating with community-based organizations, students, and families.
- Experience working in an environment of high-volume calls.
- Growth mindset, openness to feedback, and ability to identify and build on the strengths of others.
- Detail-oriented multitasker who can prioritize and remain professional in demanding situations.
- Ability to learn quickly and succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Talent for listening, asking effective questions, reflecting, and synthesizing information.
- Internal candidates preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application*. *
Applications will be accepted through January 28, 2019 until 3:00 p.m.
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at http://schools.nyc.gov/OEO
Tracking Code: 13638
Job Location: New York, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
New Posting: Yes
Job Group: N/A