Arup Plumbing Engineering Intern (Available June 2021) in New York, New York
Plumbing Engineering Intern (Available June 2021)
4 days agoPost Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• System load calculations to establish equipment size
• Calculations for designing specific piping systems for a variety of projects
• Report writing: writing summaries of the calculation methodologies employed
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines/companies.
• Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings.
• Prepare drawings detailing the systems designed. System design calculations.
• Select equipment for use in building systems.
• Construction administration – Site visits, submittal reviews
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Coursework in fluid hydraulics/piping/fluid dynamics
• Internship experience in engineering-related firm
• Proven interest in the built-environment
• Ability to interface with clients
• Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• EIT/ FE certification
• Membership in ASPE or NFPA
• Courses in sustainability
• AutoCAD drafting skills
• Internship with emphasis on civil/hydraulics/plumbing layouts with hydraulic calculations
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittent supervision
• Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Second Avenue Subway
• Fulton Street Transit Center
• JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
• Renovation of Lincoln Center
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
New York, United States
Public Health and Plumbing Engineering
Post Date:4 days ago
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs