Roche Holdings Inc. Post Doc pREDi in New York, New York
Post Doc pREDi
The pREDi (Roche Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics) team is the bridge between digital technology and science. We help drive medical innovation and are integral to the realization of truly Personalized Healthcare and the development of innovative treatments for patients.
The Advanced Analytics Postdoc Program aims at fostering frontier science and technology, engaging young talented scientists at the postdoctoral level, expanding and strengthening Roche's scientific relationships with academia.
The postdoctoral researcher will focus on developing an artificial intelligence (AI) application for audio-based sociability assessment in several neurological disorders. This application provides a unique opportunity for clinical researchers to access previously unattainable information about patients' quality of life. In this two-year engagement, you will have the opportunity to:
- Perform comprehensive overview on the current applications of AI in audio processing and sociability assessment
- Identify the unmet need in the current sociability assessment for various neurological disorders.
- Work with a vibrant global data science team to implement production-level sociability assessment pipeline that will be deployed in the real-world clinical trials.
- Analyze the correlations between AI-based sociability assessment and clinically-used social impairment scales.
- Publish innovations and findings in high-impact journals and present at international symposia.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics or related discipline, who has a passion for driving science through technology, spirit of teamwork, and excellent communication skills that will thrive in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver best results. A successful candidate will have some of the following skills or experience:
- Expertise in Python, specifically experience with Deep Learning.
- Expertise in audio signal processing, including voice detection, source separation and speaker identification.
- Experience in working with patient data.
- Experience in natural language processing is a plus.
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > ResearchNew York
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.