Comcast Product Manager, User Experience in New York, New York
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
FreeWheel seeks a Product Manager based in New York to oversee ongoing enhancements to the user experience of its product suite and to gather qualitative and quantitative data about our users' product usage patterns and needs. The areas you'll cover in this role include conducting user research studies, looking at product usage data, and designing UI & user workflow.
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing the design and development of areas of FreeWheel's platform. A successful candidate will engage with clients, engineering, marketing, sales, services, and other product managers, while developing the next generation of product capabilities. This opportunity offers the right candidate a chance to shape a key product in the FreeWheel portfolio and to drive the future of the video advertising industry.
- Own end-to-end ideation, design, and delivery of UI initiatives that enhance our users' experience
- Help set product strategy and direction for linear and digital unification
- Qualitatively and quantitatively assess user patterns and needs includes proactively conducting user experience studies and gathering product usage data to inform design decisions
- Act as the user experience representative on other product areas running user experience studies, aiding teams with UI decisions and designs, and vetting designs with user base
- Partner with various functions including sales, marketing, advisory services and client solutions to successfully position products and features for successful client use
- Participate in the full product enhancement lifecycle, from requirements gathering and prioritization of enhancement requests through design and oversight of implementation
- Develop detailed requirements specifications, including detailed user interface mockups and business logic
- Position requires approximately 10% time for travel (domestic and international)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in product management or user experience with successful history of delivering user-oriented, complex solutions in a fast-moving environment, ideally in the digital advertising space
- Previous experience with conducting user research studies
- Previous experience with product usage data tools
- Unparalleled analytical and problem-solving skills. You must have an ability to invent creative solutions to complex business problems with a very high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to identify customers' true underlying business needs, recognize trends and anticipate future customer needs.
- Outstanding communication skills. You must have the ability to present intricate and complex concepts and details in a clear, concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the strategic, process, financial and technical dimensions of our and our customers' businesses and operate comfortably in all areas.
- A bachelor's or graduate level degree from a top-tier school is required. A background in engineering, computer science, human / computer interaction, business or a closely related field is strongly preferred. An advanced degree is also a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer