Capital One Services, LLC Product Sales Specialist, Treasury Management in New York, New York
Job ID: R49711NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding. Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Sales Specialist, Treasury Management
The Product Sales Specialist (PSS) - will provide technical sales expertise on Capital One's Treasury Management solutions and products to Commercial clients and prospects. This position will be dedicated to Liquidity and Channels with the expectation that PSS will become expert in Government Banking (GB) to address deposit complexity, product needs and branch product strategy singular to GB. The PSS must have a deep knowledge and understanding of solutions and products within the Liquidity and Channels verticals. The PSS will leverage that knowledge to help drive to close large, complex Treasury Management opportunities within Commercial. In addition, the PSS will gather, maintain, and provide market and competitive intelligence across Capital One's Treasury Management organization. The PSS also will serve as the "voice of the client" to Capital One's Product Management & Innovation organization to provide guidance on the market's desired enhancements of existing solutions and products and those the market would like developed. The PSS will serve as the "voice of product" to Capital One's Treasury Management Sales organization and to clients and prospects explaining our product road map, gathering feedback on such, and managing expectations around solution/product delivery.
As a PSS, you will be considered the subject matter expert (SME) for Liquidity, Channels and Government. You will have a high level of contact with clients and prospects through joint meetings with your Treasury Management Sales colleagues, industry conferences, and round tables among other venues. You will provide support through presentations, written proposals, responses to requests for proposal (RFPs), and solution demonstrations (in-person, online, and over the phone). You will engage colleagues in Product Management & Innovation to determine how to tailor solutions for clients and prospects with unique requirements. Moreover, this position requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
- Partner with Relationship Managers and Treasury Management Sales to generate revenue from sales of Treasury Management Solutions.
- Provide major input into the sales life cycle and obtain qualitative and quantitative information to support successful sales activities.
- Analyze and resolve a wide range of treasury management issues of varying complexity for commercial clients and prospects.
- Lead the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer.
- Describe Treasury Management Solutions within the Liquidity and Channels solutions verticals in detail.
- Establish and maintain a high level of credibility with Relationship Managers, Treasury Management Sales colleagues, and Product Managers.
- Provide updates to Relationship Managers and Treasury Management Sales on product enhancements, projects, and issues.
- Develop and enhance professional rapport with clients and prospects, which may include Treasury, Finance, Technology, Operations, and Risk Management professionals.
- Promote/market products throughout the bank.
- Anticipate product enhancements by competition.
- Recommend new products or enhancements as changes are warranted or justified.
- Understand product dynamics and ensure highest product quality and client experience.
- Provide pricing guidance based on solution, client/prospect opportunity, and competition.
- Identify and target potential clients and/or markets (e.g., industries, regions) for products.
- Participate in proposal preparation process for complex sales opportunities.
- Participate in industry conferences and seminars; keep abreast of changes, trends, etc. in the marketplace and educate partners and customers as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing materials and in ensuring such are current.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of treasury product management or development experience
- At least 5 years of experience in bank operations
- At least 5 years of experience within treasury management sales, corporate treasury, or non-credit services product management
- Master of Business Administration
- Proven leader and effective decision maker
- Excellent relationship management and business development abilities, analytical and technical problem solving
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Individual must demonstrate strong work ethic, be self-directed, and motivated to achieve results
- In depth knowledge of widely used ERP and accounting systems and corporate payment processing functions
- Proven presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Certified Treasury Professional designation
- Accredited ACH Professional designation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.