Alvarez Marsal Holdings LLC Research Analyst in New York, New York
Job Title: A& M Insight Center Research Generalist
Level: Analyst - Houston Office
Who You Are
You're a self-starter and problem solver that loves variety at work. You enjoy collaborating with team members from other USA and European offices. When faced with challenges to solve, you dive in and think creatively to find great solutions to research-based questions, therefore you have a good understanding of financial metrics and are comfortable with numbers, but importantly you have a flair for customer service.
Who We Are
Alvarez & Marsal is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With more than 2, 400 professionals based in 45 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A& M Insight Center is the rapidly growing research and benchmarking arm of Alvarez & Marsal. The mission of A& M Insight Center is to provide our professionals and our client executives with highly relevant, industry specific, actionable, fact-based insights derived through our proprietary benchmark and research studies on a global basis. The group was founded to adhere to one of A& M's founding principles, "No shooting from the hip". A& M Insight Center supports client work and business development projects with an ever-growing toolbox of products, including custom benchmarking and research studies and targeted subscriptions and resources. The team considers research both a science and an art, and as such is committed to developing high-quality, unique and insightful deliverables to support stakeholders.
The A& M Insight Center is looking for an analyst to join the team, who will be responsible for supporting research requests and ongoing operational activities within the research team. The role will be based out of the Dallas or Houston office.
What you bring
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in a related field (Business, Economics, Statistics)
- 0-3 years of professional work experience
- Understanding of fundamental financial research, three statement financial analysis, and financial markets/trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel)
- Strong analytical skills and experience using a research database such as Bloomberg, Factiva, Capital IQ, APQC
Your general qualities
- Motivated by constant learning and desire to build something meaningful
- Ability to deliver high quality results, often in a time-constrained environment
- Flexible/adaptable and creative thinker
- Results-oriented mindset
- Team Player
- Positive and "Let's Get it Done" attitude; willing to pitch in where needed
You will fulfill a wide range of varied research requests by interacting directly with A& M stakeholders from all divisions and across all levels - from Analysts to Managing Directors. You will engage in the full life-cycle of the request from the scoping phase to delivering the final output. These requests will include, but are not limited to the following examples:
- Identifying and obtaining reports from industry, financial, IT and news subscriptions and resources
- Assisting in Selling, General & Administrative (SG& A) functional and process benchmarking
- Conducting financial analysis on a range of companies to understand their financial health
- Creating market overviews to track industry trends
You will support A& M Insight Center's overall mission by synthesizing information into insights and draw on your experience at A& M to help identify and create new service offerings as you grow and cultivate relationships with A& M personnel.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with research tools such as: Capital IQ, Bloomberg, BvD Orbis, Thomson Eikon, Factiva, or APQC
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity