Related Partners Retail and POA Senior Advocate in New York, New York
Hudson Yards is the largest private real estate development in the history of the United States and the largest development in New York City since Rockefeller Center. The site will include more than 18 million square feet of commercial and residential space, state-of-the-art office towers, more than 100 shops including New York’s first Neiman Marcus, and a collection of restaurants curated by Chef Thomas Keller. The urban development will include approximately 4,000 residences, The Shed, a new center for artistic invention, 14 acres of public open space, a 750-seat public school and an Equinox® branded luxury hotel with more than 200 rooms—all offering unparalleled amenities for residents, employees and guests. The development of Hudson Yards will create more than 23,000 construction jobs.
Hudson Yards is the fulfillment of a remarkable collaboration that includes a talented group of visionaries – planners, architects, engineers, designers, public servants, fashion icons, renowned chefs, business leaders, luminaries and more. They are working in partnership with New York’s development and transportation authorities, and with some of the world’s most iconic retail brands and leading companies – each of whom will call Hudson Yards home.
Strategically located between 10th and 12th avenues from West 30th to West 34th Street, Hudson Yards is the center of the metropolitan region with unsurpassed connections to commuter rail service, the subway system, the West Side Highway, the Lincoln Tunnel and ferries along the Hudson River. The extension of the No. 7 Subway line, opened in 2015, arrives at Hudson Yards’ front door. In the nexus of Chelsea and Midtown West, this dynamic neighborhood is next to chic art galleries, award winning restaurants, popular bars and nightlife venues, and highly respected international fashion and design. The neighborhoods surrounding Hudson Yards, including Chelsea, West Chelsea and Hell’s Kitchen are buzzing with chic art galleries, innovative restaurants and bars, and highly respected international fashion and design. City dwellers hungry for a taste of the outdoors now have a variety of green spaces to explore including the much-celebrated High Line, Hudson River Park and Hudson Park & Boulevard. With the new No. 7 Subway extension open as of fall 2015, getting to Hudson Yards will be fast and easy.
This position is a critical bridge between organizational marketing, brand management, property management, and building operations. Its focus is on managing the occupant, resident, and visitor experience. In order to be effective, the successful candidate will need to be immersed in all aspects of building operations with obvious and not so obvious links to to customer needs.
Several key aspects of this position include: strong customer engagement, operational quality control, uncompromising standards for service, outspoken operational advocate, highest level concierge mindset, and a desire to contribute to and be responsible for the overall Hudson Yards Experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
•Tenant Relationship Management
• Create strong client relationships with tenant Real Estate teams; exceed their expectations.
• Establish strong interpersonal relationships with Executive Assistants of tenant "C" suite officers; make their lives easier so they can exceed their boss's expectations.
• Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity, and profitability.
• Cultivate and solidify relationships with vendors and visitors.
• Surprise and delight 10HY customers and tenants at every point of interaction.
• Respond to comments/complaints, and escalate when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the customer/employee experience.
• Liaise with company management to support and implement growth strategies.
• Anticipate tenant needs and concerns.
• Escalate issues appropriately with a proposed action plan.
• Manage projects, events, and meetings as required by the needs of 10HY.
• Build outreach programs with local merchants and government officials to create a synergy and build rapport with the community.
• Track customer complaint resolution. Report accordingly.
• Identify and address staff training and coaching needs.
• Ensure the happiness, health, and well-being of our HY customers and tenants.
• Ensure all aspects of Front of House Security, Administration, and HR policies and procedures are adhered to, including timesheets, overtime claims, sickness, and holiday forms.
Education and Professional Qualifications
• Proven working experience as a customer service manager, retail manager or assistant manager
• Experience in providing customer service support
• Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
• Proficiency in English
• Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
• Ability to think strategically and to lead
• Strong client-facing and communication skills
• Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
• Customer service orientation
• BS degree in Business Administration or related field
Clear demonstration of the following attributes:
o Innovative. Conceive, hold, and promote an unprecedented level of service
o Assertive. Determined to take decisive action when required and unafraid to challenge the status quo on behalf of the tenant and customer
o Empathetic. Dedication to clarifying, acknowledging, and demonstrating a precise understanding of the feelings, thoughts, and experiences of the tenant, customer, and colleagues
o Happy. Project a sincere enjoyment HY and our mission
o Organized. Balance an extreme project load over multiple events and requirements
o Critical Thinking. Identify core issues, distinguish relevant from irrelevant, highlight what's missing
o Gracious. Make others feel welcome at all points of interaction
o Agile. Respond to the fluid needs of the HY environments with ease
o Collaborative. Leverage the contributions of others without losing a sense of ownership
o Engaging. Capture the imagination and respect of tenants, guest, and colleagues
o Smart. Integrate new information quickly and proceed effectively
o Savvy. Harness all of their own collective knowledge, that which is easily recognizable as relevant and that which is not
o Resourceful. Create solutions without the obvious resources
o Optimistic. Discover the opportunity in whatever has just happened.
o Unflappable. Keep on "keeping on."
o Empowered. Solve core problems as they arise.
Equal Opportunity Employer
External Company Name: Related Partners, Inc.
External Company URL: www.related.com
Street: 350 W 31st St