|Sales Associate FT - Park Avenue|
Location: Park Avenue
City and State: New York, NY
Hours: 40 hours a week to include Sat/Sun
Requisition ID: 7051
Position Type: Full time
Salary Grade: N13
The Sales Associate will perform a variety of routine banking transactions while identifying, recommending and selling additional bank products and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Service customers by performing all monetary transactions; sells all bank products and assists with other service needs. Meets with customers to maximize sales opportunities.
- Discuss/sell loan products to existing and prospective customers.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales, referral and service quality goals.
- Opens new accounts, i.e. checking, savings, certificate of deposit and IRA's.
- Utilize technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling and Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin Machines.
- Adhere to the VNB Code of Conduct and Service Quality Standards.
- Perform duties related to balancing individual cash and end of day proof.
- Perform office work as necessary or assigned.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities and make referrals.
- Comply with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (S.A.F.E. Act) requirements and, where applicable, registration requirements.
- Follow bank established guidelines regarding customer service and deliver excellent customer service in accordance with Valley's mission statement.
- Maintain compliance with Bank's established dress code.
- Assist in community events.
- Perform other duties in absence of management.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Basic PC skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of one year cash handling and customer service experience.
- College Degree preferred.
- Banking experience preferred.
Valley National Bank is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.