RELX Group Sales Executive - ICIS - New York in New York, New York
Sales Executive - ICIS - New York
Location: New York, New York, United States
Sales Executive – ICIS – New York
ICIS New York is seeking a Sales Executive to join its newly created sales division in the heart of Manhattan; primarily focused on generating new business from new and existing clients to support our growth within the financial markets.
You will be responsible for contacting and qualifying prospects, explaining our products and services, proposing solutions that meet customer needs, and closing new business.
An effective Sales Executive must be an excellent communicator, have superior people skills and possess a strong work ethic. You must be comfortable presenting products or services over the phone and face to face as well as dealing with sales objections.
Working at ICIS is dynamic, exciting and not without its share of challenges. We have a can-do culture and have been expanding rapidly over the past few years. It is a fast moving business with big ambitions. You need to be solutions orientated with a positive approach to life and work.
- Effectively build, manage, and close a sales pipeline of qualified prospective customers for ICIS products and services within the financial markets.
- Demonstrate our products to prospective customers in a way that is focused on their stated business objectives
- Go the extra mile to hit Sales targets and facilitate future sales
- Efficiently manage a portfolio of customers to optimize client satisfaction, engagement, and retention*
- Ask questions to understand prospect requirements, purchasing dynamics, and contracting processes
- Answer detailed questions about our products, our content, or the company
- Schedule and attend sales appointments with prospective customers
- Enter and upload customer information into Salesforce.com and relevant CRM databases
- Keep records of sales and note useful information
*Managing your clients that you have sold too – mainly in Yr2
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- A natural on the phone and comfortable, to have high in-depth business discussions with senior decision makers
- Highly self-motivated, energetic individual who builds strong relationships quickly
- Strong focus on solution sales and selling on value
- Commercially minded with a strong motivation to succeed in a high performing sales team
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the changing market, our customers and the business
- Great negotiation and communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously and on their own initiative is crucial, as is the need for sound judgment
- A confident approach to objection handling
- Demonstrate a strong resilience, creativeness and an open mind.
- Proven prior sales experience is essential and preferably in the financial / commodity markets.
- Be prepared for occasional foreign travel
About ICIS and Reed Business Information
ICIS is the world's largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
With a global staff of more than 800, ICIS has employees based in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Karlsruhe, Milan, Mumbai, Singapore, Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Yantai, Tokyo and Perth. Some 350 of ICIS’s staff are journalists engaged in reporting market prices and news, and ICIS is fully committed to upholding the highest journalistic principles of verification, corroboration and authentication.
ICIS is a division of Reed Business and a member of RELX Group, the world's leading publisher and information provider.
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com . EEO is the Law. EEO is the Law Supplement.
RBI General Benefits Package
- 401k match of 5%
- 18 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Benefits start the upon hire date
- Excellent OTE & Competitive Salaries