New York Life Insurance Company SENIOR ASSOCIATE - User Acceptance Tester in New York, New York
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
General Profile :
The User Acceptance Testing Analyst’s primary responsibility is to validate that technology solutions meet approved business requirements and function according to operational vision and proposed application design. A core component of this position includes the execution of functional testing to ensure that business processes, policy compliance, and system usability are enhanced, intact, and not negatively impacted by software solutions. This individual represents our business customers (end users), reports up through business operations, and partners closely with IT project teams to provide business certification, user acceptance, & testing signoff on software deliverables. This role requires in-depth expertise of the Service Organization and Product, Marketing, & Underwriting technologies, multiple administrative systems, and interfaces to sub-systems.
Major Responsibilities :
• Execute functional testing on technology solutions to validate business requirements, design specifications, and production readiness
• Develop and execute test plans (conditions) that are designed to validate software solutions using real-world scenarios and proposed business processes.
• Partner closely with Requirements Leads, Business Analysts, and IT Testing Professionals to ensure business requirements are appropriately tested based on specification.
• Report functional defects, usability variances, and business process issues that may negatively impact production readiness or agreed upon acceptance criteria.
• Provide subject matter expertise, both system and business knowledge of New Business & Underwriting to project delivery teams.
• Contribute to defining testing acceptance criteria, final approval of production readiness approval, and real-world business use case creation.
• Assist with troubleshooting production defects by recreating error conditions in test environments, identifying gaps in test coverage, and retesting resolution of production issues.
• Work with Business Requirement Leads to determine appropriate test coverage, test scenarios, and exploratory testing strategy based on business requirements.
• Test execution for this role will include both “Run the Shop” work that focuses on keeping the systems running and small enhancements, as well as large scale strategic programs that focus on “Grow the Business” and New Business Technology Modernization.
College Degree preferred
5+ years of related experience
Life Insurance & Annuity business experience (Strong Product knowledge and/or Underwriting new business process understanding)
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word; Excel; Powerpoint; etc)
Some experience using QA Testing tools (JIRA, HP - Quality Center, Rally, etc)
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.