Chegg Senior PHP Developer / Senior Software Engineer in New York, New York
PHP Developer / Senior Software Engineer
Chegg Learning Services - New York City, New York
Our mission provide overwhelming value to solve student s problems.
Organization: Chegg Writing
As part of the Chegg Writing Team you will provide students with effective writing solutions to accomplish their academic challenges for better outcomes.
As international market leader Chegg Writing operates four of the largest student citation services in the world - EasyBib.com, Citationmachine.net, BibMe.org, and CiteThisForMe.com. The sites each have millions of unique visitors a year (around 35 million in total) used by millions of students everyday all over the world.
We develop and operate multiple products and services, in small dedicated squads. We are proud to work on high-quality code using latest development methods and technologies. Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), automated tests and quick development turnarounds are cornerstones of our development agenda.
We are looking for an enterprise level PHP engineer who is open to move on and lead our team transitioning our current PHP heavy, containerized cloud stack to a new and lightweight high performance & scalable microservice architecture.
The ideal candidate likes to think outside the box, is interested in constantly improving themselves and the team. They love tackling new challenges everyday, is not afraid to deploy frequently, and comes up with creative ideas in close collaboration with our product owners and stakeholders.
* Improve existing and create new high-performance backend services
* Work with multicultural teams located in USA, Berlin, India, Ukraine and Israel
* Build efficient, clean and reusable Backend code
* Participate in architectural discussions, own your features and keep up to delivery dates
* 5+ years' experience in development of web applications
* Experience developing using PHP and related tools (Composer, GIT, etc.)
* Good Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
* Experience with Symfony/Silex, or any other modern PHP Framework
* Solid experience in testing applications using tools such as PHPUnit
* Understanding of REST, OAuth
* Knowledge and practical applying common Design Patterns and Principles
* Active interest not only in application code but also great software architecture
* Great communicator both verbal and written
* Must be a team player and work well in a team environment
* Experience working with large scale REST API s
* Knowledge of performance optimization approaches and technologies for web applications
* Knowledge of queuing technology
* AWS services knowledge
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, CA with offices in San Francisco, New York, Portland, India, Israel, Berlin, and Ukraine. Chegg Student Hub Services Includes; Chegg Study, Tutoring, Writing Tools, Math Help, Test Prep, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
Employer's Job# oUgN8fwP
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.