Penguin Random House LLC Senior Publicist/Publicity Manager - Viking, Penguin Books, and Penguin Classics in New York, New York
We are seeking a Senior Publicist or Publicity Manager to join the Viking, Penguin Books and Penguin Classics publicity team. Reporting to the Director of Publicity, this role will develop creative publicity strategies for a variety of fiction and nonfiction across all three imprints. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with authors on all aspects of publicity, including briefing authors on how to handle interviews and accompanying authors to publicity engagements.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Planning and executing publicity campaigns for the Viking and Penguin imprints to maximize exposure for authors and their books
• Managing and overseeing each campaign budget.
• Pitching and securing top national and regional TV, print, radio, and online media.
• Seeking out new media outlets and developing and maintaining close working relationships with members of the press.
• Executing successful multi-city author tours, including independently overseeing travel arrangements, confirming bookstore events, pitching local media and managing comprehensive tour schedules.
• Writing pitch letters, press releases, and other creative press material.
• Working closely with the publicity team as well as authors, agents, booksellers and key in-house departments including editorial, marketing, sales and subsidiary rights.
• Performing general department responsibilities and representing the imprints at various meetings, functions, and industry events.
• Supervising one direct report.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in book publishing publicity or related media
• Experience in both literary fiction and nonfiction preferred
• Established national and regional media contacts including TV, radio, print and online
• Established relationships with bookstores and some large lecture venues
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong public presentation skills
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Must be a creative and strategic thinker, as well as assertive and persuasive
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Ability to manage budgets
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiarity with web based applications like Cision, MuckRack and NetGalley
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.