Alvarez Marsal Holdings LLC Senior Security Engineer in New York, New York
This role requires a seasoned Security Engineer who would be responsible for overseeing the Security Engineering function for the Global Security Office reporting into the Chief Security Officer. The key areas of responsibility for the role will include the following:
- Manage and oversee the Security Engineering team (3 members) whilst acting as an escalation point for the personnel in the team
- Maintain existing Security Engineering platforms to serve the business smoothly on a day to day basis
- Interpret and apply understanding of policy and process, business architecture, and legal and political implications in order to lead the development of Security technical solutions or controls
- Have strong technical knowledge across Security Engineering pillars (Network Security, Email Security, Cloud Security, Infrastructure Security)
- Lead the technical design of Security systems and services to meet organizational needs whilst managing risks
- Work closely with Project Management/Change Control to deliver new solutions and ongoing system upgrades/enhancements
- Develop vision, principles and strategy for Security Engineering with the use of architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, SABSA etc.
- Research and apply innovative Security architecture solutions to new or existing problems and be able to justify and communicate design decisions
- Collaborate with other Security teams (SOC & GRC) towards a unified vision
- Understand the impact of decisions, balancing requirements and deciding between approaches
- Have a deep and evolving level of technical expertise, so you can act as an exemplar
- Microsoft Windows (Windows 10 Security)
- Cloud Security (CASB, MFA, Intune, O365, SSO, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Network and Endpoint Security (Firewalls, NAC, IPS, NextGen Firewalls, EDR, EPP, VPN)
- Email Security (Email Security Gateway, DMARC)
- Working experience across Security, Networking and Infrastructure
- Bachelor of Science Degree - preferably in Information Security
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- Additional certifications in the Information Security/Information Technology domain
Diversity & Inclusion
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity