New York Life Insurance Co SENIOR SPECIALIST - LEAVE COORDINATOR in New York, New York
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moodys Aaa; Standard & Poors AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanitythe values upon which New York Life was foundedhave guided the companys decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Leave Coordinator supports employees, managers and HR colleagues by serving as a liaison to navigate the leave of absence process. The incumbent serves as a central contact to coordinate all aspects of the process. As a member of the human resources team, the Coordinator is well versed on NYL HR policies programs and processes which enables exceptional service to employees during a leave of absence.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* As a single point of contact for leave of absence, supports employees and managers by providing guidance and counsel on leave and disability related absence policies and processes.
* Coordinates leave administration with internal and external parties ensuring seamless execution of the process and a positive experience for employees and managers.
* Proactively educates employees, managers and the HR team on leave of absence information, processes and resources to ensure awareness throughout the organization.
* Promotes an integrated approach by connecting employees and managers to other NYL services which can provide additional support when applicable (e.g. Accommodations, EAP, ENABLE, etc.).
* Works in close partnership with New York Lifes leave absence administrator (UNUM) to coordinate and track leave of absence and ensure exceptional service.
* Liaise with HR groups (Benefits, Employee Relations, HR Ops, HR Business Partners) to stay abreast of related plan or policy changes and/or partner or escalate issues requiring their support.
* Proactively identifies gaps in the leave of absence process; continually recommends and implements process or program enhancements that positively impact the employee experience.
* Maintain and manage all online internal reference materials related to leaves, including web portal and employee/manager communcations.
* Manage the return to work process, including re-boarding of employees while liaising with the appropriate IT and Security colleagues.
* Manage the time and attendance system as it relates to leaves of absence
* Prepare and submit all leave related payroll forms
* Manage leave data and reporting analytics.
* Additional responsibilities and/or projects as assigned by management.
* Bachelors degree required.
* Minimum 1-3 years experience in human resources, benefits and/or administering absence management or related programs.
* Exceptional customer service, assessment, researching and networking skills required.
* Strong understanding of disability, FMLA, accommodations and leave programs.
* Creative, quick thinker with strong professional communication skills.
* Demonstrated active listening and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent project management, problem-solving, and organizational skills; ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly.
* Self-starter, flexible, creative, independent thinker with impeccable attention to detail.
* Works efficiently and drives for results.
* Strong presentation skills required
* Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Te...