Duff Phelps LLC Software Release Manager I in New York, New York
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is looking for a Software Release Manager to join its Corporate and Cloud Operations team. This position is responsible for organizing, directing and managing the process with building and maintaining software releases into non-production and production environments. In addition, ensuring the quality and consistency of internal and customer facing releases. The qualified candidate will lead releases by working with cross functional teams including infrastructure, networking, software development, architecture, business intelligence, quality assurance, product development and operations. We are looking for a candidate currently working as Software Release Manager or having solid foundational experience ready to take the next step in their career.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career.
- Create and manage release schedules and release notes
- Plan and communicate how a release will be managed, including risk/issue management, change control, and communication plan
- Create deployment documents that outline the steps required for each release
- Identify and manage risks, dependencies, and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality. Work closely with project teams to ensure that each release is completed with quality and meets established development standards for code management
- Facilitate cross-functional release management meetings to discuss current and upcoming releases
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope
- Participate in application roll-out implementation meetings and enterprise change review meetings
- Cultivate processes, best practices and tools for release management
- Create and maintain metrics relative to the successfulness of a release based on user impact and release quality
- Manage pre-production environment consistency throughout the release process
- Skills in performance, stability, and reliability monitoring of complex systems
- Skills in root cause analysis and risk mitigation plans
- Communicate in an effective manner that promotes healthy relationships with both internal and external team members
- Work flexible hours to support releases
- 2-4 plus years' experience as a Release Manager or directly relevant position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Azure DevOps or similar issue tracking software
- Experience in a change management environment
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Technical skills including SQL, build process tools (GIT), Docker/Docerfiles, Visual Studio, .NET Core (#), React and Angular - Preferred
- Solid understanding of Azure DevOps YAML and Classic pipelines - Preferred
- Must have a passion for learning new technologies and applying them to software solutions
- Agile framework experience (Scrum / Kanban)
- Experience with Continuous integration (CI) / continuous delivery (CD) highly preferred
- Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability .
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity