CBIZ Accounting Tax and Advisory of New York LLC Tax Associate - Fall 2018 - New York, NY in New York, New York
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in this profession. Training is provided through the Associate Professional Development (APD) program which is specifically designed to build on the foundations of your college studies to develop advanced accounting knowledge. In this program, you will benefit from:
* National level training resources and technology
* Development of leadership and networking skills
* Exposure to multiple clients within diverse industries
* Mentoring by Managers & Directors
* Connecting personal success with CBIZ & MHM success
Our CBIZ New York, NY office is a prominent full-service accounting provider and business consulting company serving private businesses and high net worth individuals as well as small-cap to Fortune 500 public companies. Our clients benefit from our knowledge and expertise, variety of services, responsive managing directors and staff, and unique personal approach to servicing our clients. We truly are one stop for all of your needs.
The Tax Associate works as a member of the Client Services group of MHM in providing outstanding service to our valued clients. This position performs many entry level accounting duties and will also work directly with corporate clients, under the supervision of upper level management.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
* Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple tax assignments in Real Estate, Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing and many more industries
* Prepare and review federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations and individuals
* Develop tax compliance knowledge and assist with IRS audits, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
* Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
* Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
* Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
* Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
* Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on tax methodology
A successful candidate will have:
* Bachelor's degree required; Master s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
* CPA eligible and/or desire to obtain certification preferred
* Internship experience in accounting or related field preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, and have basic knowledge of GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
To view PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html
Employer's Job# 6009
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.