Brown Brothers Harriman Technical Lead in the Data Movement in New York, New York
The Technical Lead in the Data Movement group will be a major contributor in the defining the overall vision and strategy and design development of the technology solutions surrounding all forms of Managed Data Transfer for the firm. This includes strategies and technologies that allow the integration of disparate applications and platforms enabling the movement of data, files, messages and documents in a fast, secure, supervised, scalable and resilient manner for both internal and external communications. It is expected that the strategy will include comprehensive technical solutions that track and reduce costs, simplify integration, and increase manageability of the firms integration capabilities and architecture. Strong collaboration and alignment with the business to achieve the overall Data Strategy will be a key component of this role as well as technical leadership and problem solving of existing Data Movement technologies and functions.
* Plan, coordinate, and lead all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of all BBH Data movement applications and solutions.
* Responsible for maintaining, supporting, and evolving existing BBH Data Movement applications and solutions.
* Key management interface with both internal and external users in the development of technology-based business applications.
* Identify and communicate system deficiencies.
* Enforce and support BBH Software Development Lifecycle methodology.
* Responsible for working with business and technology partners to draft short term and 3 year plans forecasting systems future requirements.
* Lead design, development and implementation of technology and architecture details to support Functional and non-Functional requirements of Data Movement applications and solutions.
* Responsible for working with business team on building a business case for Data Movement projects.
* Supports the systems and business teams for estimates, analysis, design, development, performance, scalability and test guidance and providing subject matter expertise in Data Movement technologies and solutions.
* Identify technical opportunities and risks to improve the overall quality and resiliency of Data Movement applications in partnership with other development / Systems leaders
QUALIFICATIONS : * BA/BS degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
* 9+ years of experience in design, development and support of mission critical applications providing Data Movement and/or integration capabilities.
* Financial Industry experience required.
* Ability to discern user requirements and develop solutions utilizing a wide range of technologies and tools.
* Excellent Written and Oral Communications and interpersonal skills.
* Exposure to different Software Development Lifecycle methodologies.
* Leadership skills.
* Professional communication skills.
* Able to use standard desktop tools effectively, including Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
* Able to use wide range of office automation software, such as more advanced Excel techniques, PowerPoint presentations, FrontPage, etc.
* 9+ years of design and development experience in Java/JEE, C/C++ and Cobol technologies.
* 9+ years of experience with UNIX, Windows and Mainframe operating systems.
* Working knowledge of integration standards, tools, technologies including SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS, IBM MQ, Messaging and SMTP.
* 9+ years of experience with databases including Oracle, DB2 and Access.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Employer's Job# 40764-New York
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.