Infor Technical Support Analyst in New York, New York
TITLE: PRODUCT SUPPORT ANALYST
LOCATION: REMOTE OFFICE
Provides technical support to customers, answering complex questions on function and usage of product via the telephone and/or Internet.Serves as primary support liaison between company and customer.Conveys customer feedback to product development staff and advocate for the customer.Assists with product design, bug verification, source code fixes, release testing and beta support, which may require research and analysis.Responsible for adding and maintaining knowledge base content.Possesses excellent knowledge of company s products that are used by customers.Operates under general supervision. Typically reports to the Manager, Support Operations.Requires 3 to 5 years of relevant experience. No travel required.
A DAY IN THE LIFE TYPICALLY INCLUDES:
* Resolves clients' questions or problems over the telephone or Internet in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality and bugs/enhancements.
* Serve as primary support liaison between company and customer and documents incidents in required tracking systems.
* Keep customer informed of how and when problems are resolved.
* Involved in any additional follow up, testing and troubleshooting.Set up the appropriate test environment based on a customer s system specification.
* Responsible for appropriate referral to other support and quality assurance areas.
* Assist in testing of new versions of operating systems, environments by loading new versions and verifying compatibility with products, reporting any anomalies to development.
* Assists with preparation of technical documentation of product sub-systems.
* Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
* Provide application support to clients as required.
* Contribute information to the Support knowledge base.
* Manage workload effectively following Global Support Procedures to ensure successful completion of tasks.
* Provide accurate accounting of work and time allocation.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* Bachelor s degree in computer science or business or has equivalent technical training and/or work experience.
* Having knowledge of .Net technologies, SQL server, tracing and understanding of the logs
* Knowledge of ERP manufacturing concepts, Time and Attendance solutions or shop floor automation is desired
* Experience scripting, debugging the code and configurations is desired
* Good writing, editing, interpersonal and communications skills.
* Strong organizational skills required to ensure most effective and timely delivery of service to clients.
* Command of the English language preferred to be able to provide oral and written communication that effectively articulates complex ideas.
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD?
* Experience with ERPs like (any of these) LN, M3, CSI will be considered a big plus.
* Experience in working with global teams and handling a global customer base will be an added advantage.
* BS in Computer Science with some functional experience in handling complex customer issues.
INFOR EMPLOYEES HAVE:
* A sense of urgency - Conduct your work with intensity and speed. Huddle fast. Make fact-based decisions. Use good judgment.Keeping the initiatives moving.Repeat.
* A passion for customer success Be responsive. Follow through on promises. Reject mediocrity. Be obsessive about doing better. Be accessible and communicate proactively. Be selfless.Work as One Infor.
* A thirst for innovation Be curious. Be a change agent.Some ideas will prove out, and other will not.Fail fast.Iterate.Stay ahead of technology.
* A focus on results - Never ignore results and facts. Learn and adjust. Focus on quality in all that you do. Do more of what works; less of what is not working. Invest your time in value creation.Act like an owner with an adaptive, entrepreneurial spirit.
* A sense of community - Show compassion and caring for others. Be socially responsible. Be inclusive.
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com.
Applicants to and employees of most United States private employers, state and local governments, educational institutions, employment agencies and labor organizations are protected under Federal law from discrimination. For additional information please see EEO is the Law poster, the EEO Supplemental as well as the Statement of Policy. If you would like to view a copy of the company s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email .
Employer's Job# 10149
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.