GlobalFoundries Technician Equipment Engineering - CMP (New College Graduate) in New York, New York
Summary of Role :
Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance activities Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements to perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner Be a strong team member, working well with others on site. Able to take direction and learn from others through on the job training. Monitor, control, and qualify state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting Perform visual inspections (quality check) Recover from process and tool interruptions Complete all required reporting and documentation Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Education: Associates Degree in Technicial discipline
- Experience - 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Self-motivated and results-oriented team player with excellent communication skills
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Physical Capacity Demands - Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour shift schedule; including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol/requirements. Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment throughout a 12 hour day (excluding breaks).
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues. Able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience or 2 years of equivalent experience
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discrimination.
Allpolicies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.