Arup Tunneling Engineering Intern (Available June 2021) in New York, New York
Tunneling Engineering Intern (Available June 2021)
Sep 16, 2020Post Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Partake in initial ground support design
• Complete final lining design using structural analysis with hand calculations, structural software, etc.
• Perform field work and techniques associated with tunnel construction
• Interact with a wide range of disciplines and skills within Arup
• Participate in internal training, both technical and non-technical
• Prepare and review reporting, calculations, plans, drawings and specifications
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with emphasis on Structures, Geotechnics, Mining
• Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
• Professional demeanor
• Skills in planning and organizing
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent with emphasis on Structures, Geotechnics, Mining
• 3.5 GPA or higher
• EIT/FE Certification
• Internship experience with a design firm
• Coursework in Underground Design and Construction, Mechanical Tunneling and Construction, Concrete and Steel Design, Rock Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Geology, Construction Management
• Geotechnical and Structural software skills, AutoCAD/Microstation skills
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
• Past history of technical presentation and technical writing
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
• Lake Mead intake 3, Nevada
• Silicon Valley clean water, California
• Long baseline Neutrino facility, South Dakota
• Crossrail, London
• Melbourne Metro, Australia
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to adiverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry,disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other statusprotected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
New York, United States
Post Date:Sep 16, 2020
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs