Rose International INC Underwriter in New York, New York
Position Title: Underwriter
Position Number: 304064
Location: New York, NY
Desired Skill Set:
Data Entry, Insurance, Technical Support, Underwriting
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Job Title: UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT
Location – New York NY 10005
Start Date – 01/21/2019
End Date – 07/19/2019
Job Responsibilities: Provide Technical and Administrative support to the Underwriting and Claims groups
GENERAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT:
• Policy Issuance and Endorsement processing – support for all aspects of policy issuance and endorsement processing including management of centralized operations mailbox, fielding questions in email and/or via the phone, handling special requests from the field or offshore, reporting any backlogs or issues to Manager. Policy Issuance and endorsement processing includes, but is not limited to, contingency monitoring and tracking, drafting new and renewal policies, coordination of and drafting mid-term endorsements and coordination of approval and booking processes.
• Organize and QC netdocs bound account folders (checklist of required documentation, record results and follow-up with underwriters for missing information)
• Provide direction to the submissions team when they have questions
• Coordinate audits (peer, reinsurance, internal)
• Coordinate with accounting on premium discrepancies, inquiries and outstanding receivables
• Participation in special projects/assignments at direction of Manager (examples include, but are not limited to, movement of electronic folders, status changes, system backfill projects, product recoding, etc.)
• Update MFX Submissions
• Prepare quote and binder letters and booking sheets upon request
• Follow up on outstanding subjectivities and information requests
• Prepare submission overlay reports when requested
• Coordinate with compliance for certified policies when requested
• Coordinate Notices of Non Renewal and Notices of Cancellation
• Provide direction to the loss run team when they have questions
• Review and provide approval of all 3rd party loss run requests
• Coordinate reinsurance audits
• 2 years of commercial insurance experience
• Strong data entry and computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel and mainframe applications.
Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
• Strong organization and prioritization skills
• College Education
• 2+ years underwriting assistant experience#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)