Barclays US Compliance & Financial Crime AVP in New York, New York
Auditor, US Compliance & Financial Crime
As a Barclays Auditor, in the, you will work within the US Compliance Audit team to support the delivery of audits and the overall delivery of the Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) Plan. You will help support delivery of the US Financial Crime, Compliance, Human Resource and Legal Audit plans by developing and executing audit testing strategies.
What will you be doing?• You will be supporting the Audit Owner in scoping the audit, where necessary and to identify, assess and document risks and controls
• You will update the team while performing tests, audit assignments and with any progress and observations
• You will help support the evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of controls as well as documenting this understanding in the BIA audit toolkit
• Writing high quality audit observations, updates and support the Audit Owner in writing the audit report
• You will help with providing suggestions for actions to address control issues identified
• You will proactively take on additional tasks as requested by Directors/Managing Director
What we’re looking for:• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of services
• Four+ years’ experience of auditing in Financial Services or a closely related field
• Experience of auditing Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Office of Foreign Assets Control requirements with an understanding of them
• Some working experience and exposure to Financial Crime and Compliance, HR and Legal functions
Skills that will help you in the role:• ACAMS or equivalent qualification
• Proven track record of stakeholder management
• Financial services experience and familiar with corporate and investment bank operations as well as good risk and control understanding
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Where will you be working?Barclays’ U.S. headquarters is located at 745 Seventh Avenue in New York, NY. At Barclays, we offer you an engaging and challenging environment, giving you the opportunity to make the most of your unique set of skills. We also have an extensive range of learning and development initiatives designed to support you both personally and professionally.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
About BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our Values Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our BenefitsOur customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
- Barclays Jobs