Macmillan Production Assistant in New York
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors,
our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan
publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical
background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC.
Manage the scheduling and ordering of weekly reprint orders, provide administrative support to department, and assist in the paper purchasing for the company.
• Handle and track reprint orders
• Create digital and offset estimates for titles
• Department Administrative duties (mail organization, supplies monitoring, calendar maintenance and scheduling,)
• Maintain production library
• Prepare materials for weekly print and bind meetings
• Assist in preparing for pricing meetings thrice a year
• maintain updated printing schedules
- assist with print and demand program
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Attention to Detail
• Sense of timeliness and prioritization concerning responsibilities
• Oral and written communication skills
• Work collaboratively with others in a tactful manner
• Work well under pressure
• Able to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
• Office experience preferred
• Production experience a plus but not required
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s degree
Please include a cover letter with your application to be considered for this position.