Seneca Gaming Corporation Aplliance Technician I in NIagara Falls, New York
Niagara Falls. Seneca Gaming Corporation. Appliance Technician I
The Appliance Technician I is responsible for the overall maintenance of the kitchens appliances. Under minimal supervision, performs refrigeration, electrical, electronic and mechanical maintenance work independently on kitchen equipment such as dishwashers, freezers, disposals, pumps, motors, steam kettles, ovens, and compressors. Also involves installation of equipment and performs related work as required. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the Seneca Gaming Corporation's policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
* Must be 18 years of age or older upon employment.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required and any combination equivalent to five (5) years of experience in the journey-level repairs of kitchen equipment.
* Must have knowledge of electrical, plumbing, steam, gas, electronic and refrigeration methods, current technology, principles and practices related to institutional kitchens. Kitchen maintenance and repair, including circuit tracing and troubleshooting skills related to electric motors, pumps, compressors, and electronic sensors knowledge required.
* Must know current refrigeration technology and EPA regulations.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to substantiate a safe driving record within the parameters acceptable to our liability insurance carrier.
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability:
* Must possess excellent communication skills.
* Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
* Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted.
* Adequate manual dexterity to operate small and large kitchen equipment.
* Works in wet, cold, hot, and greasy conditions inside and outside central kitchen areas.
* Works in confined areas including over ceilings, through crawl spaces, and on roofs, climbing ladders to and from roof to repairs or replace motors and ventilation equipment.
* Regular exposure to electricity, gas, Freon, motor oil, and other hazardous materials.
* Occasionally lifts over fifty (50) pounds, moving heavy kitchen equipment.
* Occasional travel is required.
To apply, go to: http://www.TheBest8Hours.com