Elderwood Assistant Director of Nursing in North Creek, New York
Requisition ID 2018-3570
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 2018-04-16
Area of Interest Nursing
Location US-NY-North Creek
Position Type Regular Full-Time
To assist the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, developing and directing the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, and/or Director of Nursing, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
The ADON assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for the conduct of nursing staff, provides educational programs, monitors the nursing staff schedule for the facility, implementation of orientation and continuing in-service education programs for facility personnel. Also serves as the Primary Instructor for the Nursing Assistant 100-Hour Training Program; serves as Infection Control Preventionist, Employee Health and Staff Educator.
RN, Full-time, exempt. Flexible schedule which may include some evenings, nights and weekends.
Essential Job Functions but not limited to:
- 1. Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests
- 2. Supervise nursing care services and staff on all units while on duty.
- 3. Actively promotes controlled substance and facility safety programs.
- 4. Responsible for completion of required Mandatory Infection Preventionist Training. Assume responsibility as the Infection Preventionist Nurse.
- 5. Report to Director of Nursing any unusual symptoms, changes in condition, daily needs and progress of residents.
- 6. Actively participates in the complaint/grievance resolution process by completing requested investigative process and documenting findings in a thorough, timely and concise manner.
- 7. Notify Director of Nursing Services/Administrator of any significant events/urgent matters related to residents, visitors, staff or any other disruption to facility services.
- 8. Assume responsibility for nursing services in the absence of the Director of Nursing Services. May be required to take calls on off hours and adjust schedule to meet the needs of the facility.
- 9. Collaborates with Unit Managers, Nurse Preceptors, Nurse Consultant and assists with annual clinical skills competency testing for licensed nursing staff on an ongoing basis.
- 10. Serves as a resource and mentor for the Nurse Preceptors and new nurses in the facility, providing education and support as appropriate during department based orientation.
- 11. Coordinates and/or leads delivery of corporate mandatory in-service education for facility staff.
- 12. Plans and leads General Orientation Program (with other department heads) to acquaint new personnel to facility.
- 13. Coordinates program development, implementation and documentation of the Nursing Assistant 100-Hour Training Program; serves as an instructor for scheduled classes.
- 14. Coordinates Prometric testing for Nursing Assistant Trainees and recording of certification.
- 15. Schedules and delivers CNA and Support Aide orientation programs based on hiring needs.
- 16. Schedules and presents training programs to ensure that Nursing Assistants complete six hours of in-service education every six months.
- 17. Oversee tracking of in-service education hours and generates reports utilizing Relias LMS.
- 18. Plans, coordinates, and presents regular and special education sessions for nursing staff to acquaint them with new nursing practices, procedures, policies, or skills.
- 19. Prepares monthly in-service education calendar and monthly report.
- 20. Coordinates the schedule for periodic emergency drills including fire drills, disaster drills, and Code Blue drills and maintains records.
- 21. Exhibits the highest level of customer service towards residents, staff and visitors.
- 22. Consistently demonstrates the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- 23. Responsible for the designing, implementing and coordinating a facility wide infection control program.
- 24. Promotes compliance with regulations, guidelines, and accreditation requirements
- 25. Monitors healthcare-associated infections
- 26. Assesses infection prevention problems and makes recommendations for corrective action
- 27. Initiates, reviews, and revises infection prevention policies and procedures
- 28. Performs other duties as assigned by DON or Administrator.
- * Must possess a current, unencumbered, active NY license to practice as in state.
- * A physical examination and/or evidence from a physician indicating free of communicable disease to be available upon employment including Drug Screen
- * Must be in good physical and mental health.
- * Ability to work independently or part of a group.
- * Effectively communicate with others.
- * If expected to drive company vehicle- must have valid driver's license with good driving record and be at least 21 years of age. (In order to comply with company Driving Standards P&P).
- * Must have, as a minimum, 2 years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility.
- * Previous long-term care experience is desirable.
- * Computer knowledge preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.