AHRC Nassau Direct Support Professional/ Day Hab Mon-Fri 7:30-3:30p Oceanside Rd location 40 hours per week in Oceanside, New York
Oceanside, NY, USA
Mon-Fri 7:30-3:30p 40 hours per week Oceanside Rd location Family Friendly Daytime Hours
The pay scale for this position is $14.50, increasing to $15 after 4 months probationary period. period
AHRC Nassau provides OPWDD-approved Day Habilitation Services in over 30 locations across Nassau County. We provide no cost door-to door transportation, medical oversight by registered nurses and an engaged staff who provide meaningful and person-centered experiences each and every day.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and needs to be and remain a QUALIFIED driver.
- AMAP/First Aid/CPR/SCIP-R Training preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience supporting people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities preferred.
- Physical Aspects: May include, but are not limited to, lifting and transferring of an adult volunteer.
- Transportation/Driving as needed, inclusive of wheelchair vehicle/lockdowns
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Transports volunteers to and from program site, as well as to volunteer job opportunity locations, or other community based activities.
- Assists volunteers in achieving success and satisfaction in personal growth and their community based endeavors.
- Ensures safety of program volunteers while at program site; agency locations, community volunteer jobs and all other hubs sites
- Transports volunteers to and from primary site location, residences, community volunteers jobs, and additional hub site locations.
- Acts as liaison between the volunteers job site staff and program volunteers.
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Job Security:Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
PreferredA minimum of one year experience supporting people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities preferred.
Posted: December 24, 2019