Essendant Customer Care Trainer in Orchard Park, New York
- Plans, organizes, and delivers training to associates to ensure readiness to execute specific projects and company strategic initiatives.
- Develops and maintains training materials including handouts, PowerPoint presentations, computer-based tutorials, and reference materials following guidelines established by the training and instructional design leadership.
- Manages, monitors and communicate with Leadership the associate’s progression throughout the various training programs/initiatives.
- Works closely with Leadership Team to identify, communicate and address learning opportunities for all associates.
- Assesses need and provides feedback on the best course of action. If training is the best course of action: designs and delivers training, including Learning Management System (LMS) based training (both process and tool) and other training by request.
- Seeks the support of Subject Matter Experts across key departments to serve as members of an advisory group responsible for providing technical operational expertise that will enhance knowledge of the associates to support customers.
- Measures effectiveness of training initiatives and programs to ensure a learning absorption and provides and suggests improvements to training programs as needed following established guidelines.
- Appropriately uses current technology and related resources, i.e. Cornerstone, Articulate, etc. to design, deliver and track training. Conducts training workshops for “train the trainer” program candidates.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles and training methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage associates for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Excellent MS Office proficiency, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new computer applications, concepts, and processes.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of training experience preferred.
- Call center training experience preferred.
- Training certifications preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: October 11, 2018