Lockheed Martin Calibration Technician / Owego in Owego, New York
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Position will require personnel to perform varied work assignments within the RMS Metrology organization. Employee will be required to develop the skills and abilities to perform the duties of a calibration technician in all functional disciplines of calibration in RMS Owego’s Metrology Department. Technical assistance and guidance will be provided on special assignments or new lines of work.
- Calibrate and evaluate the need for repair of general purpose electronic test equipment including, but not limited to: signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and frequency counters.
- Calibrate and evaluate the need for repair of various other disciplines of test equipment including, but not limited to: RF power, microwave and high frequency, temperature, and dimensional measurements.
- Maintain awareness of and support continued compliance to ISO 17025 and ANSI Z540.3 standards.
- Complete and maintain accurate records in the calibration management database.
- Maintain skill proficiency through metrology/calibration training courses
- Manage personal tasks to ensure timely customer support as directed by Metrology Department Manager
- Support the Metrology Department in identifying potential process improvements
Desired Skills: - Experience with multiple disciplines of calibration (Phys/D, Torque, Pressure, RF, etc.)
- Familiarity with following Quality Processes, and participating in audits
- Experience with automated calibration software: Met/CAL, SureCal, Agilent VEE, etc.
- 2-5 years direct calibration/metrology experience.
- Associate of Science in a related discipline, i.e. Electrical Engineering, Physics or other Sciences, or equivalent experience; or Completion of a DoD TMDE/Calibration training program with 2-4 years’ experience.
- Ability to follow general instructions without supervision
- Experience with the use and operations of general test equipment from a variety of disciplines.
- Ability to utilize computer controlled automatic software and associated test equipment.
- Experience in using computer programs for word processing and document generation, I.E. Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.