Pfizer Inc. Sr. Principal Scientist - Toxicologist in Pearl River, New York
The job is for a regulatory Toxicologist. They will be part of the Regulatory Strategy and Compliance (RSC) group within the toxicology (Drug Safety R&D) group in Worldwide R&D (WRD). This person reports into the global regulatory strategy lead in RSC. The primary function of the role is to be the nonclinical safety regulatory expert to project teams and serves as the lead author for nonclinical toxicology contributions to nonclinical submissions components within Pfizer. The role works with other professional within RSC to create and make submission ready e-CTD components of major submissions (eg., IND, NDA, BLA) as well as any other form of document used to communication to global health authorities (IB, PIP, DSURs, CAC, query responses and briefing documents). The role works closely with toxicology project team leads (DSRD team lead [DSTL]) to provide full support to WRD project teams. The person may also serve as a DSTL on some projects carrying both roles (DSTL and RSL). The person also works with regulatory colleagues in other functional lines in WRD such as Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism, clinical, worldwide safety and regulatory to complete submissions.
The role supports the entire Pfizer WRD portfolio and provides expert nonclinical toxicology regulatory counsel to DSRD and project team colleagues. A minimum of 4 years drug development experience at a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company is recommended. This experience should be as part of a drug development team supporting toxicology safety assessments.
- Provide nonclinical toxicology regulatory science advice and consult to DSRD team lead and DSRD Therapeutic area leads
- Lead author of all nonclinical toxicology components of any submission to global health authorities
- Coach/mentor more junior colleagues to support this role in future submissions
- Lead or be active member of Pfizer WRD or DSRD teams optimizing submission requirements/processes
- Lead external industry consortium/scientific efforts to optimize submission requirements and processes
- PhD in toxicology or related science or DVM
- 4 years drug development experience as part of a drug development project team including nonclinical toxicology regulatory submission authorship
- Strong scientific knowledge in toxicology and risk management
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills
- Able to handle multiple projects from many therapeutic areas as part of workload.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.