The New York Foundling Registered Nurse (Port Jervis & Ardsley | 25 Hours/Week | Part-Time) in Port Jervis, New York
Port Jervis, NY, USA
Responsible for providing nursing care and coordinating medical services for individuals in assigned IRA sites.
- Assessment of the medical needs of the individuals, plans intervention, and evaluates outcome of care and performs treatments and special medical care as mandated.
- Coordinates with other medical providers regarding care management.
- Responsible for monitoring medical care of individuals.
- Provide medical consultation regarding individual medical needs through 24 x 7 telephone tri-age
- Provide telephone triage to agency’s staff
- Provides or assists all activities of daily living for individuals. i.e. adequate intake of food and fluids, bathing, dressing, bowel and bladder care/toileting, oral/nasal hygiene, skin care and grooming
- Administers medication
- Provides AMAP certifications and recertification classes for IRA staff.
- Monitors and provide supervision to all AMAP certified staff.
- Provides supervision of nutrition issues including assisting staff with menu preparation. Coordinates with dietician.
- Coordinates medical services with Residence, Schools, and Day Services.
- Attends in-service to maintain current knowledge and trends in developmentally disabilities and medical care.
- Implements plan of care as outlined in each individuals medical profile including positioning, play, feeding techniques, behavior modification and attention to ADL skills.
- Provides in-service training on medical issues as required.
- Record monthly individual progress notes for each individuals
- Complete job related tasks as needed
Registered Nurse Degree or better
Bachelor's Level Degree or better in Nursing
Associates' Level Degree or better in Nursing
2-3 years: -2-3 years of experience, -Working knowledge of OPWDD, -NYS Registered Nurse
Licenses & Certifications
Registered Prof. Nurse
Posted: November 11, 2020