Bruker Field Service Engineer - MidWest Region in Poughkeepsie, New York
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity based in the Northeast/ Midwest area for a Field Service Technician to join the Bruker BioSpin Service and Life-cycle Support Team and provide technical assistance for customers.
* Perform services pertaining to equipment installation, preventive maintenance, repairs, and other various operations activities at customer sites and Bruker facilities.
* Assist with service equipment maintenance and repair.
* Provide customer support region-wide by phone and e-mail, with the ability to act as first responder for technical inquiries received through Bruker Call Center.
* Complete service reports, update logs and database, document Service and Life-cycle support activities on a timely and regular basis.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Minimum two (2) years work experience in a technical / engineering field.
* Associate Degree or B.S. preferred.
* Proven mechanical aptitude with ability to perform complex mechanical assemblies, testing, and quality inspection.
* Ability to work with cryogenic liquids and gases.
* Ability to correctly operate specialized equipment including mechanical vacuum and turbo-pumps, leak-detectors, and other service equipment.
* Ability to use tools, test, and measuring equipment to perform hands-on and remote troubleshooting of mechanical/ cryogenic problems.
* Demonstrated ability to satisfactorily complete specialized training requirements.
* Fluency to read, speak, and write in English required. Additional languages helpful.
* Proven ability to communicate in a clear and positive manner with all parties, including customers, contractors, suppliers, employees.
* Strong verbal, written, computer, and technical communication, organizational, and presentation skills, including MS Office.
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience working effectively as both an individual contributor and team player in a global, customer-oriented work environment.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. & transport equipment & tools in excess of 300 lbs.
* Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state or governing location.
* Ability to maintain a valid passport with flexibility for domestic and international travel.
* U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
* May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Employer's Job# 2018-5976-Poughkeepsie
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.